FlightDecks! It’s Party Time onboard Birthday Girl – Virgin Atlantic’s new 787.
To celebrate this new aircraft’s arrival and the airline’s 30th birthday, this new jet will be leaving Gatwick Airport today, at 2pm, to fly to Atlanta. Onboard will will be 250 guests and VIPs who will be enjoying some unique inflight entertainment!
During this nine and a half hour flight BRIT Award-winning, platinum-selling London four-piece Rudimental and hit-makers Gorgon City will perform for the passengers. But the entertainment is not just for those on the flight as this will be the first ever gig to be streamed live from above the Atlantic Ocean over the Internet.
As well as being able to listen to the music live you can see our updates on the flight by just following us on Twitter.
The schedule for the event is as follows:
- 14.00 Flight departs
- 17.15 Gorgon City – first set
- 18.45 Rudimental – second set
- 19.45 Rudimental vs. Gorgon City – final set
To listen to the music live just click on the player below. Hopefully everything will be on time but as with any live event, all start times are subject to change. However, we expect that all the sets will be performed within a 30-minute window of the times specified.
Virgin Atlantic 787-9 Dreamliner facts
Passengers: Configured for between 250 to 290 passengers – depending on whether for business or leisure routes
Range: 8-8,500 nautical miles
Wing span: 203 ft
Cruise speed: Up to Mach 0.85 (similar to 747)
Cruise altitude: up to 43,000ft
After the event you will also be able to access the mixes on SouncCloud.
- Virgin Atlantic to Live-Stream EDM Event via Wi-Fi from Plane (noiseporn.com)
- Rudimentals and Gorgon City to Play Live-streamed Gig from New Virgin Atlantic 787 aircraft (virgin-atlantic.com)
- Air update: Virgin Atlantic’s first stretched version of Dreamliner jet arrives at Gatwick airport (mirror.co.uk)